back to work

Going back to work after years of being a stay-at-home mom is exciting and scary. Finally to have adult company and having to adult among adults. Finally bringing a sizable salary, yet splurging on office wardrobe. The scariest for myself was meeting the young and sophisticated co-workers.
Honestly, I was both jealous and in awe. Young and carefree, these 20-something young people were all speedy typers, knew Photoshop and Excel, besides being self-taught coders and managers. Latest social media trends were a joke, not a college class for them. My life experience was outdated by the time I came back to the workforce.
Thankfully, I'm teachable. And there's lots to learn. I'm so, so thankful to the YouTube videos posted by wonderful teachers, Lynda courses, and articles found on the www. I hope to never stop liking to learn.
Here's a list of skills I'd like to learn:
Interior design
Food styling
Baking
Cake decorating
Drawing
Hair cutting
Jewelry design
Will I ever learn any of this? For now it's a dream worth dreaming about.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

bye-bye warts

an interesting read

About time