About time

A few years ago I bought myself a book about organizing. Great book really; it had time and house managing tips,as well as meal plans and sanity savers for overwhelmed homemakers. The really novel idea for me, was writing down long and short term plans and goals. Supposedly, writing, besides being a reminder is also a way to make it "official". Simple enough, thought I. Wrote it down on a planner, had it around for a few days, followed the schedule when remembered, finally lost and forgot all about it.
Now, this year we finally caught up with technological advances, and  got ourselves cellphones. Well, to be truthful, I fought this innovation tooth and nail. Who needs the expense? Not I! The land line is sufficient for a stay at home, introvert mom like myself. And  if and when I do get to go somewhere, especially by myself (huh, whats that?), I value this luxury way too much to want to be tracked down in those few precious hours. Luckily, I was outvoted. Luckily- because I find myself liking it more with each passing day, as I discover new useful extra features.The best thing I've discovered were ringing reminders in the phone's organizer- annoying, but helpful. Gotta put "get off the computer" reminder, or everyone will go hungry tonight. :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

bye-bye warts

an interesting read